Sunday, July 19, 2009
I found this mango salsa a few years ago on the Food Network Site made by Bobby Flay and I've been making it ever since. It is the perfect accompaniment to the BBQs we usually have at my house which most often consist of rice, beans, steak (carne), chicken, sausage (chorizo), and plantains. Everyone loves it and it is so simple to make adding a dash of bright color to everyone's plates.
(recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay)
* 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
* 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
* 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
* 3 tablespoons lime juice
* 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the mangoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and orange juice in a bowl and gently mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.