Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beef & Bean Burritos



I saw this recipe at Carrie's blog called Carrie's Cooking and Recipes and since I had all the ingredients on hand wanted to make it right away. I only modified it the tiniest bit by adding cumin and more enchilada sauce. Then I also added sour cream and salsa.

My husband loved these..he says that whenever I find something he likes he is scared to tell me for fear that I won't make it again..or that I will modify it somehow. He's so silly...I have never done that! Now that I am blogging I will have a collection of what he likes so that I won't forget. He thanks Carrie for sharing this recipe.

My oldest daughter liked it...youngest one not so much. She's pretty picky..she's a rice and chicken girl...since it looks like I will be making this again in the future she may just learn to love it!

Recipe:

Ingredients:
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 can refried beans
* 1 cup enchilada sauce
* 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1/2 tablespoon cumin
* 1&1/2 cups shredded colby/jack cheese (save extra for garnish)
* 10 large flour tortillas
* sour cream
* salsa

Directions:
1.)Brown and drain meat.
2.)Add all ingredients, except tortillas, sour cream, and salsa. Stir the mixture and heat to a simmer/boil.
3.)Put about 1/2 cup of the mixture in each flour tortilla, fold the tortillas into burritos, garnish with cheese (I stuck mine in the microwave for 20 seconds to melt the cheese on top of the burrito) then garnish with sour cream and salsa and enjoy!

*note* I made some of these with the sour cream and salsa inside the burrito (these were the ones I put in the freezer in ziploc bags). This makes a delicious on the go meal for lunch and no fork or knife required!

3 comments:

  1. oooh! We love bean burritos. Hubby cooks them on his grill. I left an award for you today, if you'd like to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These buritos sound tasty and so easy to make. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture looks amazing! Aren't these burritos good? They really do taste like Taco Bell!

    ReplyDelete